Thursday 2 May 2013

5 Connections








So I made some simpler connections to things I’m a fan of based on my personal aesthetic and emotional responses. I brought in some paintings I’d done in the past of Jedward, pantings I’d done for no real purpose other than because I thought the subject was beautiful and for practice. Very much pure fan-art. 

I tried to link them together with other paintings I’ve done, song lyrics, objects, photos, whatever I felt like had the right connection. Edward sleeping, cloudy sky, an antique bottle. Leslie Kee Jedward, ballet legs, mother of pearl shell. A random jar I fell in love with, Whistler's Crepuscule in Opal. But these connections are perhaps only obvious and meaningful to me, the audience may understand the aesthetic connection and apreciate my skill as a painter but I think the fan connection idea and fan culture is lost.


Another one bites the dust. But oh well! Keep in mind that these are all just propositional works, doodles, sketches and experiments. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dominique,

    Are any of your works for sale? Particularly the painting of John/Edward lying in bed with his head on the pillow. It is rather beautiful!

    Thanks,
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete